Sunday, August 10, 2014

I WAITED AND WAITED




I waited and waited

All my days

Expecting his bell

At my door


And a call

For me to go

I waited, shut up

Within the walls

Of suspense

And expectation

Not stepping out

Lest he should miss me when he comes

I heard him ring

The bells of my neighbours

Too, mine

But call for my other family members

And not for me

I waited and waited

For his figure

Loom my threshold

And his cold breath

Overwhelm my warm

Breath and his

Winter fingers

Twine with mine

To begin the journey

He rang and called

For me at last

While walking with him

I asked him where

We were going

And he said,

“I’m taking you where

I take everyone.”


3 comments:

  1. it is nice to read friend. To get the meaning i read thrice. but i managed to get something. it is about the death, isn't?. he stands for god yeman. i could not get the meaning of "within the suspense of walls and expectation and loom threshold." by k.a.v.i

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kavi, the pronoun 'he' doesn't indicate yeman; rather I've used it beyond any religious implications to mean death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya. i thought the same but expressed in that word.

      Delete